The visual arts sector of Basin Arts provides artists with studios that simultaneously operate as private and communal. Artists interested will be able to have a compartmentalized space of one’s own that also functions as a collective space, allowing easy cross exchange with other creatives. It should be understood that these are open studios, not private. Wall dividers are used to keep privacy while also allowing the space to be open and engaged with other happenings.
By participating in Basin Arts Visual Artist In Residence studio program, artists take advantage of networking and community building opportunities, professional development workshops, collaborative events between artists and are also given the opportunity to exhibit their work at Basin Arts Gallery Space.
Who this studio space is ideal for:
- Artists developing a new body of work
- Artists entering or reentering the Lafayette art community and surrounding areas
- Artists who maintain a consistent practice
- Artists engaged in community and creative exchange
What does Basin Arts provide:
- A semi-private workspace ranging between 120-135 sq. ft.
- 24-hour access to the visual artist workspace area
- A small, lockable filing cabinet for storage of personal belongings
- A larger, lockable storage cabinet to be shared among the visual artists
- A large sink near the studio space designated only for artists
- A kitchen area with full size fridge, stovetop and coffee pot for communal use.
- Utilities, trash service and high-speed internet included
- Communal meeting space
Month-to-month rental: $325
3-month rental: $300
6-month rental: $275
9-month rental: $250
12-month rental: $225
50% of one month required as a deposit upon signing the rental agreement.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Download application form here.